Thursday 8 May 2014

McBusted @ Leeds 30/04/2014


--- May contain spoilers for those of you who are yet to go! ---

If you read my blogs on a regular basis you will probably know that one of my biggest obsessions and guilty pleasures is McFly. I've been part of the McFly army since the beginning and even though I get flack for it all the time, I am not ashamed to say I adore them. Everyone had a favourite band growing up that defined who they were and and consumed their adolescence, and as cheesy as they may be, McFly are mine.

Anyone who pays attention to the media will probably realise that last year, McFly announced that they were uniting with James Bourne and Matt Willis of Busted fame for a tour concentrating on the biggest hits of both bands. Now this announcement was met with excitement and also apprehension for me. This was firstly because a McFly tour excites me, no matter what the circumstances are, but the apprehension was mainly because I wasn't actually a massive Busted fan. I didn't dislike Busted, I just wasn't as obsessed with them as many others in my school were. However, I do love a lot of their songs and often bounce around like a lunatic when Year 3000 comes on in Camel Club. Having said this, I was also a little apprehensive because I was all ready and waiting for McFly to release their 6th album and all of a sudden this was put on the back-burner to make way for McBusted.

Regardless of my mixed emotions I bought tickets for their show at Leeds First Direct Arena and I was far from disappointed. The show was awesome. As promised it was a mish-mash of McFly and Busted hits to date and it was fun, nostalgic and downright beautiful! The chemistry between them all is clear and it makes for a really great show. There were some memorable moments during the gig, from their entrance in a Back to the Future style Delorean, to their synchronised kicking and chasing each other round the stage to the three huge inflatable boobs that emerged for Year 3000 - the production values were fab. This was the first time I'd visited this venue and its amazing, it's so different to other venues and it's layout is so unique. Although that meant our date missed out on one aspect of their show, it didn't phase me massively, because I still enjoyed it. The only thing I would've wished for would be a few more McFly hits, or maybe just one or two older, less popular songs for those of us who have been there from the start. But overall, it was awesome, a real feel-good, happy event and I can't wait to go see them again at Scarborough Open Air next month.

I went to the gig with two of my best friends and we also enjoyed some wine, hearty food and boozy cocktails before the show at TGI's, which was also great fun. Check out some of the pics I took of our antics below and you're heading to see McBusted, I hope you enjoy just as much as we did!




No comments:

Post a Comment