Saturday, 26 October 2013

Birthday Madness!

Last Sunday I turned 22 (ew), so I thought I would give an insight into what my weekend was like and a brief look at some of the things I got from my friends and family.

On Friday night, me and my flatmates enjoyed a pre-birthday Nandos, courtesy of some freebie vouchers from Freshers Fair. After a busy day of uni, a chilled out delicious slice of per-peri goodness was just what I needed. In true C7 style, we all grabbed a childrens colouring book and started scrawling away while waiting for our meals. Yes we do know how old we are...but when life hands you crayons, you've just gotta colour in...no matter what age you are!

My free half chicken which was b-e-a-u-tiful
After this we were all stuffed and went back to the flat for a chilled out night, which consisted of tanning, plucking and nail painting ready for Saturday nights shenanigans.

Saturday morning was a bit hectic for the rest of the flat, but not so much for me, as I was being held captive in my room while they decorated the flat and baked me a cake. After a while, I got cabin fever, and they let me out just in time for my best friend Hannah to arrive. While the girls carried on making a secretive baking masterpiece, me and Hannah were forced to play Mario Kart to take my attention away from what they were doing.

About an hour later, in true birthday style, the lights suddenly went out and I was being treated to a "tuneful" rendition of Happy Birthday and presented with possibly the best cake Jade and Beth had ever made. I was truly amazed at their hard work and instantly forgave them for locking me away!
My birthday cake consisting of all my favourite things: Matchmakers, Snickers and a hell of a lot of chocolate - Well done girls!
After the cake, I cracked open my first Strongbow of the weekend and put some pizzas in the oven to make it really feel like a birthday! Shortly after eating we started getting ready. For some reason I decided for my Last birthday in Huddersfield, I would go all out: eyelashes, false nails, tan - the whole shabang.
That was until I started getting ready and quickly realised, theres a reason I don't wear any of these things....they just do not suit me! I abolished all the fakery and began to feel a bit strange as nobody ever comes in my room yet the whole flat was in and out, making me wonder what exactly was going on...

Nevertheless once I was ready, I grabbed my laptop and speakers and went into the living room to start pre-drinks with my best chums. Only when I actually got there I was surprised again, to see that not only were all my flatmates there, but they had also sneaked in my boyfriend and his bandmates who were all hiding around our tiny living room, waiting to shout 'surprise!'. My friends are literally the best.

After a few drinks at our flat we headed to town where my boyfriend's band High State were playing as part of the Oxjam festival. It was all a little hectic and if I'm honest a bit poorly organised (not due to the lovely Oxjam crew, but more the bar that was hosting it), but we still enjoyed it regardless. I was over the moon that the band were playing on my birthday night out because I always have so much fun at their gigs and so do all my friends. Although I'm starting to think we embarrass them a little when we constantly dance the Macarena to all their songs! Jade and Hannah emerged out of nowhere with two massive cocktail jugs, so it was obvious we were going to have a top night!

We had a laugh and although it didn't quite live up to my expectations after my last two epic birthdays in Huddersfield, I still had a great time with the best friends and boyfriend in the world. Here are some snaps of our night (all very blurry as it was dark!):






Sunday was my actual birthday and after waiting aaaaages for my boyfriend to wake up, I finally got to open my presents from him and my friends. 


Been waiting for this for so long! I absolutely LOVE Roald Dahl books and read and had them all when I was little, but somehow lost them. So I had been really wanting my own special collection, and my boyfriend listened and bought me this - I love love love it!

My very own Mike Wazowski! I bought my little brother one of these for his birthday but was very reluctant to give him it because I wanted it for myself! But now I have my own thanks to my boyfriend!

My Breaking Bad mug, aka my new favourite mug from my boyfriend. Aaron Paul is a babe and a half!


He also got me the Katy Perry Killer Queen perfume which I'd been wanting for ages. It smells so good!


My lovely friends put together and got me this gorgeous Freak of Nature dress from Topshop, which I had no idea about but they obviously know me incredibly well because this dungaree style dress is right up my street!

One of my best friends, Jade is super talented and made me my very own cushion with a sugar skull on it, all handmade by her, shes so effing clever! If you like this or fancy something for one of your loved ones, visit her page.
An abundance of cute cards from my friends and family!

Some other gifts, mainly from my flatmates Tash and Sunnie - can't wait to down that alcohol!

My friend Beth got me this cool little gift - a Los Pollos Hermanos pot complete with candy meth! Which tastes really good actually!
In the afternoon my dad and sister visited and took me for a coffee, which was lovely as I'd not seen them for a while, and I do love a Costa's Iced Lemonade! We chatted for about an hour or two and then they dropped me back off at my flat.

Later, me, the girls and my boyfriend headed to Wetherspoons accompanied by Jade's sister, Jenna who had visited us for the afternoon. I enjoyed a beautiful meal, courtesy of my boyfriend and it was the perfect end to a hectic but lovely birthday weekend.

If my friends, family or boyfriend read this, thank you all for making it so nice. You are all amazing and I love you dearly!

Also if any of you fellow bloggers are celebrating a birthday this month, I hope you all have a fantastic day too!

3 comments:

  1. happy belated birthday - the cake looks amazing x

    Heather @ Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!
    do you want to follow each other on bloglovin?
    I'm a New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been logged out of blogger for over two months... so belated happy birthday! Looks like you had fun! Enjoy your younger years! This post brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete